WORK WITH US!
RA Posting: Tech Institute Seeks Research Assistants for Fall 2018
Open to current Georgetown Law students
The Tech Institute is looking for student research assistants to contribute to our policy work and active calendar of events during the Fall 2018 semester. RAs will work under the supervision of the Institute's Executive Director, Alexandra Givens, in partnership with the Institute's faculty, fellows and staff.
RA positions are open to current students at Georgetown Law with an interest in the intersection of technology, law and public policy. No technical expertise is required, and we welcome students with diverse, non-tech interests who want to gain deeper understanding of how technology is affecting their area of policy and law.
Topics RAs can expect to work on during the Fall 2018 semester include:
- Internet policy and competition: net neutrality; broadband privacy; broadband infrastructure; including supporting the work of our Distinguished Fellow Gigi Sohn.
- Artificial intelligence and data ownership: access to data, privacy, the intersection of AI and intellectual property, and how data impacts competition; including supporting a December workshop of experts from around the country.
- Entrepreneurship and inclusive innovation: support our partnership with the D.C. Mayor's Office to provide strategic recommendations on improving an ecosystem that supports diverse women entrepreneurs.
- Digital preservation: support our project with Google's Vint Cerf developing policy recommendations to support better digital preservation of important public records. You can read more about the project here.
- Intellectual property: U.S. and international patent law, including our annual conference on patent policy taking place in November.
- Support key events like our Friday Tech Speaker Series.
Applicants must submit a single PDF containing a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and the name and email address of two references (including at least one Georgetown-affiliated reference) to TechInstitute@law.georgetown.edu. Your cover letter should indicate your areas of interest, relevant experience/coursework, and your expected availability (i.e. hoped for number of hours per week).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis beginning August 1, 2018.
If you have questions, please contact TechInstitute@georgetown.edu.