UPDATE: The application window has now closed. Thanks to all who applied - responses coming this week.
The Georgetown Institute for Tech Law & Policy is hiring a new fellow to focus on inclusive innovation. Notice below.
Applications are due by February 10th - please share with your networks and apply!
JOB OPENING: Institute for Technology Law and Policy at Georgetown Law Seeks 2017 Academic Fellow for Work on Inclusive Innovation
The Institute for Technology Law & Policy at Georgetown Law seeks a fellow for a one-year appointment focused on inclusive innovation and entrepreneurship. The position is open immediately. The fellow will provide research, policy, strategic and operational support for the Institute’s work on BEACON: the DC Women Founders’ Initiative, an initiative to make Washington DC the leading ecosystem in the country for women entrepreneurs, and conduct additional work as assigned.
The fellow will work closely with Institute leadership in developing a slate of public and private commitments to improve resources and opportunities to support diverse women entrepreneurs in Washington, D.C. The fellow’s tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- engaging with area entrepreneurs and would-be entrepreneurs to assess the current landscape for women entrepreneurs;
- developing partnerships and identifying opportunities for collaboration through community outreach and engagement;
- designing and executing meaningful strategic projects to support women entrepreneurs;
- creating and contributing to research reports, published work, and the BEACON website; and
- other activities as assigned.
The fellow will travel to the SXSW conference in March 2017 to assist in the Institute’s BEACON-related programming.
- Excellent written, analytical and verbal communication
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- Preference for law degree or masters degree in public policy or social science
- Preference for experience designing and leading complex research projects
- Preference for applicants with demonstrated interest in inclusive innovation or other diversity-related issues
- Ability to show initiative and work well as part of a small team
Applicants should submit a cover lever and resume by Friday, February 10, 2017 to TechInstitute@law.georgetown.edu.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.