WORK WITH US!
Job Posting: Institute Associate
Open to individuals with a J.D. degree and several years relevant experience
The Institute is hiring an Institute Associate to conduct original research, assist in convening policy workshops and events, and contribute to the administration and growth of the Institute. The Associate will work under the supervision of the Executive Director, in collaboration with the Institute’s resident and non-resident fellows.
This position is ideal for someone with several years of relevant experience who is looking to accelerate their career in technology law and policy. In partnership with the Executive Director, the Associate will:
- Develop and conduct policy research in one or more areas;
- Write and edit reports, op-eds, and blog posts, with an opportunity to engage in longer academic writing if you desire;
- Organize workshops and convenings;
- Engage with policymakers, civil society groups, academics and the private sector;
- Supervise student research assistants and first-year fellows;
- Carry out administrative support as needed, including assisting with event logistics, accounts management, and maintaining the Institute’s external communications; and
- Support the Executive Director in grant-writing and pursuing development goals.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the intersection of technology, law and public policy, including questions of equity and governance. This is an excellent opportunity to develop deep expertise in one or more areas, and to contribute to the Institute’s research agenda and institutional direction as it continues to grow.
A law degree and several years’ experience in technology policy or a related field is preferred.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. View the full job description and application here.
RA Posting: Tech Institute Seeks Research Assistants for Fall 2018
Open to current Georgetown Law students
The Tech Institute is looking for student research assistants to contribute to our policy work and active calendar of events during the Fall 2018 semester. RAs will work under the supervision of the Institute's Executive Director, Alexandra Givens, in partnership with the Institute's faculty, fellows and staff.
RA positions are open to current students at Georgetown Law with an interest in the intersection of technology, law and public policy. No technical expertise is required, and we welcome students with diverse, non-tech interests who want to gain deeper understanding of how technology is affecting their area of policy and law.
View the full job description and application here.