WORK WITH US!
Tech Institute Seeks Research Assistants for Summer 2018
Open to current law and graduate students
The Tech Institute is looking for law and graduate students for a 10-week summer placement in Washington, DC. Successful applicants will contribute to our policy work, support our active calendar of events, and conduct their own research project(s) working with our fellows and staff.
The summer placement is open to current law students or graduate students with an interest in the intersection of technology, law and public policy. No technical expertise is required, and we welcome students with diverse, non-tech interests who want to gain deeper understanding of how technology is affecting their area of policy and law.
Successful applicants’ assignments will depend on your area of interest. Projects you can expect to work on include:
- Internet policy and competition: net neutrality; broadband privacy; broadband infrastructure; issues surrounding platform responsibility.
- Technology and justice: the use of technological tools to promote access to justice.
- Entrepreneurship and inclusive innovation: support our partnership with the D.C. Mayor's Office to provide strategic recommendations on improving an ecosystem that supports diverse women entrepreneurs.
- Machine learning and AI: support our work on the regulatory landscape for public and private data sharing.
- Intellectual property: U.S. and international patent law; intellectual property issues arising from machine learning and AI.
- Support key events like our annual summer program Tech Foundations for Congressional Staff.
Applicants must submit a single PDF containing a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and the name and email address of two references (including at least one academic reference) to TechInstitute@law.georgetown.edu.
Your cover letter should indicate your areas of interest, relevant experience/coursework, and a description of a research assignment you would like to undertake during your placement.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply early.
If you have questions, please contact TechInstitute@law.georgetown.edu.