WORK WITH US!
Tech Institute Seeks Summer 2018 RA for Work on Inclusive Innovation/Women's Entrepreneurship
Open to Georgetown students pursuing a law or other graduate degree
The Institute for Technology Law & Policy at Georgetown Law seeks a full-time Research Assistant for Summer 2018 to work on inclusive innovation and women’s entrepreneurship.
The RA will provide research, policy, and administrative support for the Institute’s work on BEACON: The DC Women Founders’ Initiative, an initiative to make Washington DC the leading ecosystem in the country for women entrepreneurs.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Researching current initiatives to support entrepreneurs in the D.C. area and identifying potential partners for the BEACON initiative;
- Assisting BEACON’s leadership as it develops partnerships with area entrepreneurs, technology companies, and other stakeholders;
- Helping design and manage on one or more community activations to address weaknesses and gaps in the ecosystem for women entrepreneurs;
- Assisting BEACON’s leadership and the Institute team in research reports, published work, and designing and populating the BEACON website; and
- Other activities (including organizational and administrative duties) as assigned.
The RA is expected to work between 25-40 hours per week, with occasional evening commitments to help staff BEACON-related events.
Applicants should submit a single PDF saved as "LastName_FirstName_BEACON_Application" containing a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and the name and email address of two references (including at least one Georgetown reference) to TechInstitute@law.georgetown.edu, copying Deloris Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply early.
If you have questions, please contact TechInstitute@law.georgetown.edu.